An updated list of upcoming events in Denver
Several new study circles are being planned in Denver. If you and/or your friends would like to participate, please contact the study circle coordinator, Sara Hatayama, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find an ADDRESS for an event listed below, call 720-260-0675.
- Questions, comments, & submissions to DenverLSA@gmail.com.
- BCMD = Baha'i Center of Metro Denver, Corner of Grant & Bayaud (225 E. Bayaud Ave.)
- Jan. 19, 2018, Friday | 7:00pm | MARCIA'S POTATO BAR & DISCUSSION | Topic: Taraz Martinez and Stephen Fordham will share stories and pictures of their recent pilgrimage to the Baha'i World Center | Marcia will provide baked potatoes and chili; please bring toppings or side dishes to share | Dinner will be followed by a lively discussion on the topic | At Marcia's home | Please RSVP to Marcia at 612-810-1737 so she'll know how many potatoes to bake | All are welcome! | Monthly on the 3rd Friday |
- Jan 20, 2018, Saturday | 9:00am-1:00pm | POP UP COFFEE SHOP FUNDRAISER | home of Matt and Carrie Reynolds, 3445 S. Clermont St., Denver | Contributions will go to either the Baha'i Fund or the Access Fund nonprofit, which works to protect access to nature for all, including Bears Ears National Monument | You're welcome to bring food to sell for generating donations | Bring your musical talents and let's make music together! | 517-853-9353 (Matt) or 303-257-9246 (Greg H.) |
- Jan. 21, 2018, Sunday | 10:00-11:30am | DEVOTIONS & DISCUSSION | BCMD Blue entry hall | Topic: "Humility" | Hosted by Tim Mings | All are welcome! | Refreshments provided | These simple gatherings bring people of all backgrounds and beliefs together in prayer and generate a unifying spirit that begins to permeate the community. | See "Devotional Meetings" | Weekly |
- Jan. 21, 2018, Sunday | 10:00-11:30am | CHILDREN'S CLASSES | BCMD | Ages 5-10, Preschool and grades 1, 2 & 3 | All are welcome! | Large yellow meeting room | Come in the front door and go through the double glass doors to the far left | Children will learn core values and social skills through stories, music, art, prayer, discussion, and service | The goal is for the children to reach a stage in which they can tend to their own spiritual development and contribute to the well-being of society | For questions and to register: email@example.com | See "Children's Classes" | Weekly |
- Jan. 21, 2018, Sunday | 10:00-11:30am | JUNIOR YOUTH PROGRAM | BCMD | For ages 11-14 | All are welcome! | Large yellow meeting room | Come in the front door and go through the double glass doors to the far left | By developing their spiritual qualities (virtues), their intellectual capabilities, and their capacities for service to society, the participants come to see that they can become agents of positive change in the world | For questions and to register: firstname.lastname@example.org | See "Early Adolescence" | Weekly |
- Jan. 24, 2018, Wednesday | 7:00pm | FIRESIDE | BCMD | Topic: "Intro to the Baha'i Faith" | Invite your friends to join you at this informal discussion about the Bahá'í Faith! | All are welcome! | Refreshments served | Hosted by Behrooz Ejtahed & David Garrett | Weekly |
- Jan 27, 2018, Saturday | 1:00-8:30pm | CLUSTER REFLECTION GATHERING | BCMD | A joyous celebration as well as a time to reflect | Activities will include socializing, singing, prayers, core activity sharing, study/reflection/planning, dinner, and ice cream! | Sponsored by the ATC, email@example.com |
- Jan 27 - Feb 11, 2018 | EXPANSION PHASE |
- Feb. 3 & 10, two Saturdays | 9:00am-4:30pm | THE VIRTUES PROJECT: AWAKENING THE GIFTS WITHIN | BCMD | This course focuses on 52 virtues honored by all cultures and the five life skill strategies of The Virtues Project, an award-winning global initiative to inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life. | Fee: $10 to cover snacks and materials | Enrollment is limited and preregistration is required (see below) | The first day is a prerequisite to the second | Participants will: Learn the language of virtues to bring out the best in ourselves and others. Learn to enhance and nurture all relationships. Recognize teachable moments as gifts for our growth. Set clear boundaries for healthy living. Develop simple practices for daily routines of reverence. Develop the skill of companioning, a powerful counseling tool for discernment, conflict resolution, and healing. Consult on how these strategies can be applied in various aspects of our lives, including Baha'i community life and its core activities | To register and for more information, contact facilitator Barbara Swenson Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-559-8031. Please include your phone number in your response | For more information on The Virtues Project, visit www.virtuesproject.com.
- Feb 1-24, 2018 |Thursdays 7:00pm, Saturdays 7:30pm, Sundays 2:00pm | "RESPECT: A Musical Journey of Women" | Written by Baha'i author and playwright Dr. Dorothy Marcic | "CONVERSATIONS WITH THE PLAYWRIGHT" will be held after the evening performance on Sat., Feb. 3 and after the matinee performance on Sun., Feb. 4 | From "Someone to Watch Over Me" to "I Will Survive," from the codependence of "I Will Follow Him" to the anger of "These Boots Are Made for Walking," to the cynicism of "What's Love Got to Do with It," and finally to the strength of "Hero," this musical is told through Top-40 music in this timely off-Broadway new musical production. Combining excerpts of 60 songs with women's own stories about finding dreams, lost love, relationship issues, entering the workforce, gaining independence, and more, this show is exhilarating! More than just a story worth telling, it's a toe-tapping must-see and must-hear musical, with an all-women cast and crew | Produced by Mark and Maxine Rossmann | Mizel Arts and Culture Center (MACC), 350 S. Dahlia Street, Denver | Tickets: 303-800-6578, cherrycreektheatre.org |
- Feb 5/6, 2018, Mon/Tue | Feast of Mulk (Dominion) | Sector Feast | Time, date & location to be determined by sector.
- Feb. 7, 2018, Wednesday | 9:30am | Mary Prough's Third-Wednesday Devotions | Details TBA |
- Mar 1, 2018, Thursday | 7:00pm | Feast of 'Ala (Loftiness) | Community Feast | BCMD | Details TBA |
- Mar 20/21, 2018, Tue/Wed | Naw Ruz (New Year) | Details TBD |
- Mar 20/21, 2018, Tue/Wed | Feast of Baha (Splendor) | Sector Feast | Time, date, & location to be determined by sector.
- April 8/9, 2018, Sun/Mon | Feast of Jalal (Glory) | Sector Feast | Time, date, & location to be determined by sector.
- April 28, 2018, Saturday | 4:00pm | Feast of Jamal (Beauty) | BCMD | Community Feast | Details TBA |
Record Your Home Visit
WEB SITES OF INTEREST
- bahai.org - The web site of the Bahá'í International Community, based in Haifa, Israel. Presents a thorough look at "What Bahá'ís Believe" and "What Bahá'í Do," as well as an extensive reference library of downloadable Bahá'í texts.
- bahai.us - The web site of the U.S. Bahá'í Community, based in Wilmette, Illinois. Here you can click to ask to meet Bahá'ís near you.
- bahaiteachings.org - This site is full of hundreds of articles written by Bahá'ís on many topics. You can search by topics or browse a menu of categories.